project WORLDVIEW worldview themes copyright 2009 Home
Worldview themes associated with the club symbol involve an individual’s relationship to groups of other individuals -- including the whole society he or she is part of -- and participation in activities (including earning a livelihood) associated with these groups.
Select the worldview theme(s) below that you want to consider:
(Note: If you start with the first one, we will lead you through each of them in turn with prompts to click on!)
|#19 Economic Individualism||#37 Proud Identification / Global Citizen|
|#20 Elitism / Authoritarianism||#42 Ethical Orientation|
|#21 Populism / Service to Others||#43 Seeking Wealth & Power|
|#31 Education for Democracy|
|#34 Valuing Traditions & Traditional Gender Roles||#49 Social Welfare Statism / Socialism|
|#35 Self Reliant Nonconformity / Working for Change||#50 Libertarian / Left Anarchist|
|#36 Cynicism / Conspiracism||back to The Reality Marketplace|
Related Worldview Development Questions:
1) What economic system is best? Do I prefer the competition of pure capitalism or an economic system based on co-operation?
Related Worldview Theme #s: 19, 21A, 48, 49A, 49B, 50A, 50B
2) As I participate in society, do I trust and identify with common people or the elite ?
Worldview Theme #s: 20A, 20B, 21A, 21B, 36B
3) On what basis should people be governed? Can democracy work?
Worldview Theme #s: 9A, 20B, 30, 31, 32, 46B, 49B, 50A, 50B
4) Should I value and fit into society as it is or work to change it?
Related Worldview Theme #s: 9A, 21B, 34, 35A, 35B, 46A, 47A
5) What is human nature? Do I have a positive or negative view of it?
Worldview Theme #s: 14A, 16, 21A, 21B, 29A, 29B, 36A, 36B, 39B, 42
6) Where do I belong? Do I feel allegiance to a particular group? If so, to whom? Who are these people?
Related Worldview Theme #s: 27, 35A, 37A, 37B, 38, 39B, 46B
7) What is the purpose of education, and how can that purpose be best achieved?
Worldview Theme #s: 30, 31
8) What should ethics and morality ultimately be based on? Can I accept ethical decision making that equally values all human beings as global citizens?
Related Worldview Theme #s: 6, 8B, 9A, 13, 14A, 16, 22B, 23A, 25, 29A, 32, 34, 37A, 37B, 38, 42, 44A, 45B, 51
9) How should I live? Should I be self-centered and look out for me, or be other-oriented and promote the common good ?
Related Worldview Theme #s: 3, 4, 14A, 16, 19, 21B, 23B, 25, 26B, 29A, 29B, 32, 34, 38, 42, 43, 44A, 49B, 50A
10) What makes a good society? Should society be organized in a community-based, decentralized way which values appropriate technology and the principle of subsidiarity?
Related Worldview Theme #s: 22A, 22B, 34, 38, 46A, 48, 49A, 50B, 51
11) To what extent should governments interfere in the economy and in people's lives?
Related Worldview Theme #s: 19, 20B, 22A, 22B, 26A, 40, 43, 49A, 50A, 50B, 51
Thoughts to Take With You:
|"We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."||John F. Kennedy|
is possible would not have been achieved if, in this world, people had
not repeatedly reached for the impossible."
|"The People...Yes!"||Carl Sandburg|
|"GET INVOLVED...the world is run by those who show up!"||from bumpersticker, author unknown|
|"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes."||Maggie Kuhn|
|"There is no religion higher than truth and righteousness"||Gandhi|
"What really determines how people vote is their core beliefs, not their position on an issue like the economy or abortion or health care. If you can understand what people's values are, you can figure out how to create a governing majority"
|"Everyone does better when EVERYONE does better.||from bumpersticker, author unknown|
|"Freedom does not exist apart from society."||V.C. Ferkiss|
|"There is no such thing as society -- only individuals"||Margaret Thatcher|
"Is there upon earth a more potent means than laughter to resist the mockeries of the world and of fate?"
Caution: "As you shop in 'The Reality Marketplace' avoid spending your 'reality cash' too early, before you have seen everything!” from Coming of Age in the Global Village, by Stephen P. Cook, with Donella H. Meadows
project Worldview Home